The Best thunderbolt 3 external gpu of 2021 – Top 10 and Rankings
If you’re looking for thunderbolt 3 external gpu but don’t know which one is the best, we recommend the first out of 10 thunderbolt 3 external gpu in this article. Check out how we decide after hours of researching and comparing dozens of items on the market.
- Desktop Grade Performance: Boosts Thunderbolt 3 laptop performance with support for up to 3 slot wide PCIe full sized desktop graphics cards (graphics card NOT included)
- Built-In Power Supply: Includes a 700W ATX PSU with 100W laptop charging via Thunderbolt 3; GPU max power support up to 500W
- Customizable RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors available; capable of syncing with gameplay and other Razer peripherals through Synapse 3 (lighting customization not supported on macOS)
- Compatibility (Windows): Requires Thunderbolt 3 external graphics (eGPU) support with RS45 or later and compatible NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards
- Compatibility (macOS): Requires Thunderbolt 3 and High Sierra 10.13.4 or later and compatible AMD graphics cards only (NVIDIA cards not supported)
- Upgrade your laptop or tablet's graphics performance to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 9/10 series and later or AMD Radeon R9/RX and later; Graphics card not included
- Supports one full length, dual wide PCIe x16 card and 5 x USB 3.0 ports for peripheral connectivity
- AURA Sync ready with the ROG XG Station 2's plasma tube
- 600W internal power supply delivers support for your graphics card and laptop/tablet
- Pairs perfectly with the ASUS Transformer 3 Pro (T303) and UX series Zen Books
- Compatible with Windows 10 2016~Now Thunderbolt Laptop. MacOS 10.15.3 MacBook Pro 2016~2020,13~16” ; Mac mini 2018～, Dual Thunderbolt 3 buses with 40Gbps speed ,One bus for Graphic card, the other for Extra I.O NO MORE lags & interference ( Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified ) (Thunderbolt 3 laptop/ iMac/ Intel NUC. ONLY ! )
- Internal 750W ( 80+ Gold ) Fan Start-stop design, Spin only when Temp reached to 55 degree. Power Delivery to Host Max 100W ( MBP 16" ) , 550W to Graphic card, 3 sets of 12V ( 8 + 2 ) for O.C card OR NVIDIA RTX 3080/3090/3090 Titan. Extra I.O: SD 4.0 * 1, USB 3.0 *5 ( 7.5W power delivery/E.A ) SATA III * 1 for 2.5” SSD/HDD , RJ45 Gigabit Lan * 1
- Full aluminum body with anodizing treatment, tray opening style, supported Full length/hight/width Monster graphic card. 2.75PCIE slot. ( Max : 12.99 * 6.29 * 2.36 Inch ) compatible with Liquid Cooling Monster card; system fan can be swapped by the radiator
- Longer Thunderbolt 3 0.7M 40GB cable bundled & Low noise large system Fan ( 120*35mm) + PSU large fan “ Start-Stop “ design , 3 thermal detectors, Fan speed Start-Stop with PWM control , A quiet beast on your desk!
- Compatible Graphic cards : Windows 10 System: ALL of AMD Radeon, Radeon Pro / Nvidia Gefore , Quadro ( including RTX 3080/3090 * 2 PCI slots ). macOS Catalina 10.15.3 ~, Qualified ONLY AMD 470,480,570,580,590,Vega 56,64, Navi 5500,5600,5700XT, WX4100,5100,7100,9100 series . ( DO NOT USE any Nvidia card in MacOS !! There is no driver there )
- ⚡ 100W Power Delivery: Maxonar 1.2M USB4 cable up to 20V/5A 100W Charging compatibility. It lets you keep your Thunderbolt 3 devices powered without needing an additional power supply.
- ⚡Up to 40Gbps Transfers Speed:Maxonar USB4 cable data transfer speed is up to 40Gbps.It can copy 14 hours of HD video or 25,000 photos within one minute at speeds up to 40 Gbps. NOTE: that the data transfer speed will still depend on what port you are using with.The data transmission device needs to support 40Gbps, the data can reach 40Gbps, otherwise only the USB 3.2 transmission speed . If used in audio and video transmission, both devices must support audio and video functions.
- ⚡Single 5K or Dual 4K: Enjoying ultra HD video resolution.Support Crystal Clear HD Dual Monitors at Single 5K (5120 x 2880) @ 60Hz or 4Kx2K(4096x2160) @ 60HZ video resolution.Single cable docking solution to connect a Thunderbolt 3 Dock then drive 2 displays. Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices including docking stations, external graphics cards, and displays. Bring you extraordinary visual effects.
- ⚡More Compatibility: All USB-C devices as well as backward compatible for USB4 & 3.1 & 3.2 gadgets such as Macbook Pro, iMac, Alienware M15/R4, Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Google Pixel, ChromeBook, Asus Zenbook 14 U400J, Nintendo Switch, LG Ultrasharp 40, Google Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X. ZTE Axon 7, Lumia 950, Dell XPS, Acer, HP, Lenovo, etc, as well as Docking Stations, Hard Drives, Peripheral Devices and e GPUs.(Not a full list)
- ⚡Reliable 18-Month Warranty & Friendly Service: We have faith in our Maxonar USB4 cable and Service Support - you could email with any issue or your concern about this product to us, and our Support team will response to you in 24-hour and give you a proper solution. Welcome to explore with us for more possibility of Maxonar USB4 cable.
- Thunderbolt 3 connection to systems for fast speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Support for full-length, up to 3 slot-wide PCIe desktop graphics cards. Graphics card sold separately.
- Connect your gaming peripherals with four USB 3.0 Ports and Ethernet
- Razer Chroma enabled for a more personalized gaming experience
- OS : windows 10
- Boosts Graphics Performance - Connects a high-performance GPU card to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Mac & Windows Compatible. *M1 Macs are NOT compatible with GPUs. (GPU Card not Included)
- Cuts Application Task Times - Enables GPU acceleration to significantly improve editing, rendering, color grading, animation, and special effects performance.
- 750W Power Supply - Support the power requirements of the latest compatible GPU cards; future-proof design handles higher power requirements of cards to come.
- Supports Many of the Latest GPU Cards - Includes AMD Radeon VII, RX, RX Vega, Pro W and Pro WX models; and NVIDIA GeForce RTX series, TITAN, and Quadro models. (See Compatibility Charts)
- Quietest Configurable eGPU System Available Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools whatever card you install.
- This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis lets you add an external PCIe x16 slot to your laptop or desktop computer, through an external Thunderbolt 3 connection. Expand the Capabilities of Your Thunderbolt 3 Computer This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe enclosure makes it easy to expand your system with the capabilities you need to work at peak productivity. You can add many types of PCIe cards or video capture cards. And, with the speed and bandwidth support of Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe 3.0, you can enjoy many of the same port additions you would from the PCIe expansion slots of a desktop system. Extend Your Workstation This external PCIe expansion box features a dedicated DisplayPort output that lets you add an additional display to your laptop or desktop computer. The PCIe enclosure features a second Thunderbolt 3 port, that you can use to connect a secondary display. With multiple extended displays, you can work more efficiently by multitasking faster, and avoid the hassle of continually repositioning several open programs. Increase Productivity At up to 40Gbps this Thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis gives you the throughput to add displays to your laptop, access files quickly, and work without disruptions. It’s easy to access and edit large uncompressed files such as videos and images on the fly, making it ideal for dynamic on-site production. This external Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support. OS compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; macOS 10.12 - 10.15, Cable Length: 19.7 in [500 mm], Material: Aluminum and Steel.
- Expand your connectivity: Add an external PCIe (PCI Express 3.0) x16 slot and a DisplayPort connection to your Thunderbolt 3 equipped MacBook or laptop with this Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis.
- High speeds: Experience increased productivity with Thunderbolt 3 and up to 40Gbps bandwidth which is twice the speed of Thunderbolt 2 (20Gbps) and eight times faster than USB 3.0 (5Gbps).
- Broad compatibility: For ultimate convenience, this Thunderbolt 3 external PCIe enclosure works with both your Mac and Windows computers so you’re not limited to what systems you can use with the expansion box.
- Displayport connection: This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion slot supports one 4K DisplayPort monitor, and a second extended monitor display through the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port.
- Thunderbolt 3 40GB/s Ports/daisy chain support for up to 6 devices
- Dual ultra-quiet, High-efficiency cooling fans
- Easily install nearly any Full-height/full-length PCIe 3.0 card (storage I/O, networking, video, sound)
- Versatile storage & connectivity expansion; NVMe RAID drives, USB/eSATA/Mini-SAS connectivity
- Compatible with a Thunderbolt 3 Mac with an Intel CPU and macOS 10.15.7 & macOS 11. (Not compatible with an Apple M1 Mac or Thunderbolt 1/2 Mac, No support for Apple Windows Boot Camp, not fully compatible with a Thunderbolt 3/4 Windows PC - see Sonnet product page > Tech Specs for more information)
- Supports Thunderbolt Displays: Supports 4K, 5K, and even the 6K Apple Pro Display XDR. Thunderbolt certified for use with Intel-based Macs with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Not Compatible with M1 Macs.
- Boosts Graphics Performance for Built-in and External Displays: Accelerates graphic-intensive pro application performance on computers with integrated or low-power discrete graphics processors.
- Small and Highly Portable- Measures 6 inches wide by 5.1 inches deep by 2 inches tall, takes up little space on the desktop, fits easily into a computer bag or backpack.
- Charges Your Computer- Provides 60W through the included Thunderbolt 3 cable to power and charge your computer while connected, allowing you to leave your computer’s power adapter behind.
- 【Rapid Data Transfer】iWiner Thunderbolt 3 Cable compatible with Thunderbolt 3 supports transfer music, movies, or entire seasons of TV shows in seconds with 40 Gbps speed, 8x faster than standard USB C cable. Please NOTE!!! that the data transfer speed will still depend on what port you are using with. USB 3.1 Gen 2(10 Gbps) USB3.1 gen 1/ 3.0(5 Gbps)
- 【Ultra High Quality Assurancel】Supports up to 100W (20V 5A) Thunderbolt 3 charging cable, enjoy the fast charging for your laptops / tablet and super fast charging for your phone with USB C port. Thunderbolt 3 peer-to-peer 10Gbps networking supported.
- 【Single 5K or Dual 4K】Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices including docking stations, hard drives, external graphics cards, and displays. Enjoying ultra HD video resolution, 40Gbps bandwidth allows display video content on one screen in 5K@60Hz, or two screens at 4K@60Hz simultaneously.
- 【All USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 devices】Compatible with all USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 devices, such as Apple Mac (Late 2016 MacBook Pros and newer models, MacBook Air 2018 & iMac Late 2017, 2018) and Thunderbolt 3 Windows PCs and other USB-C Thunderbolt 3 Docking Stations, Storage, Hard Drives, Peripheral Devices and eGPUs.(View Product Description for details)
- 【What You Get】iWiner 2.6Ft USB4 TB3 Cable (2.3 ft), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
How Do You Buy The Best thunderbolt 3 external gpu of 2021?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great thunderbolt 3 external gpu? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching thunderbolt 3 external gpu, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest thunderbolt 3 external gpu available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for thunderbolt 3 external gpu that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an thunderbolt 3 external gpu?
- What benefits are there with buying an thunderbolt 3 external gpu?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective thunderbolt 3 external gpu?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any thunderbolt 3 external gpu, much less the best one?
- Which thunderbolt 3 external gpu are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about thunderbolt 3 external gpu?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding thunderbolt 3 external gpu, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for thunderbolt 3 external gpu, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible thunderbolt 3 external gpu. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an thunderbolt 3 external gpu buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available thunderbolt 3 external gpu currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of thunderbolt 3 external gpu has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features:What bells and whistles matter for an thunderbolt 3 external gpu?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your thunderbolt 3 external gpu.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade thunderbolt 3 external gpu objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their thunderbolt 3 external gpu.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an thunderbolt 3 external gpu, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an thunderbolt 3 external gpu is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining thunderbolt 3 external gpu information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding thunderbolt 3 external gpu is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.