The Best external gpu enclosure of 2021 – Top 10 and Rankings
If you’re looking for external gpu enclosure but don’t know which one is the best, we recommend the first out of 10 external gpu enclosure in this article. Check out how we decide after hours of researching and comparing dozens of items on the market.
- Desktop Grade Performance: Boosts Thunderbolt 3 laptop performance with support for up to 3 slot wide PCIe full sized desktop graphics cards (graphics card NOT included)
- Built-In Power Supply: Includes a 650W ATX PSU with 100W laptop charging via Thunderbolt 3
- Compatibility (Windows): Requires Thunderbolt 3 external graphics (eGPU) support with RS45 or later and compatible NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards
- Compatibility (macOS): Requires Thunderbolt 3 and High Sierra 10.13.4 or later and compatible AMD graphics cards only (NVIDIA cards not supported)
- Compatible with Windows 10 2016~Now Thunderbolt Laptop. MacOS 10.15.3 MacBook Pro 2016~2020,13~16” ; Mac mini 2018～, Dual Thunderbolt 3 buses with 40Gbps speed ,One bus for Graphic card, the other for Extra I.O NO MORE lags & interference ( Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified ) (Thunderbolt 3 laptop/ iMac/ Intel NUC. ONLY ! )
- Internal 750W ( 80+ Gold ) Fan Start-stop design, Spin only when Temp reached to 55 degree. Power Delivery to Host Max 100W ( MBP 16" ) , 550W to Graphic card, 3 sets of 12V ( 8 + 2 ) for O.C card OR NVIDIA RTX 3080/3090/3090 Titan. Extra I.O: SD 4.0 * 1, USB 3.0 *5 ( 7.5W power delivery/E.A ) SATA III * 1 for 2.5” SSD/HDD , RJ45 Gigabit Lan * 1
- Full aluminum body with anodizing treatment, tray opening style, supported Full length/hight/width Monster graphic card. 2.75PCIE slot. ( Max : 12.99 * 6.29 * 2.36 Inch ) compatible with Liquid Cooling Monster card; system fan can be swapped by the radiator
- Longer Thunderbolt 3 0.7M 40GB cable bundled & Low noise large system Fan ( 120*35mm) + PSU large fan “ Start-Stop “ design , 3 thermal detectors, Fan speed Start-Stop with PWM control , A quiet beast on your desk!
- Compatible Graphic cards : Windows 10 System: ALL of AMD Radeon, Radeon Pro / Nvidia Gefore , Quadro ( including RTX 3080/3090 * 2 PCI slots ). macOS Catalina 10.15.3 ~, Qualified ONLY AMD 470,480,570,580,590,Vega 56,64, Navi 5500,5600,5700XT, WX4100,5100,7100,9100 series . ( DO NOT USE any Nvidia card in MacOS !! There is no driver there )
- Boosts Graphics Performance - Connects a high-performance GPU card to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Mac & Windows Compatible. *M1 Macs are NOT compatible with GPUs. (GPU Card not Included)
- Cuts Application Task Times - Enables GPU acceleration to significantly improve editing, rendering, color grading, animation, and special effects performance.
- 750W Power Supply - Support the power requirements of the latest compatible GPU cards; future-proof design handles higher power requirements of cards to come.
- Supports Many of the Latest GPU Cards - Includes AMD Radeon VII, RX, RX Vega, Pro W and Pro WX models; and NVIDIA GeForce RTX series, TITAN, and Quadro models. (See Compatibility Charts)
- Quietest Configurable eGPU System Available Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools whatever card you install.
- This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis lets you add an external PCIe x16 slot to your laptop or desktop computer, through an external Thunderbolt 3 connection. Expand the Capabilities of Your Thunderbolt 3 Computer This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe enclosure makes it easy to expand your system with the capabilities you need to work at peak productivity. You can add many types of PCIe cards or video capture cards. And, with the speed and bandwidth support of Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe 3.0, you can enjoy many of the same port additions you would from the PCIe expansion slots of a desktop system. Extend Your Workstation This external PCIe expansion box features a dedicated DisplayPort output that lets you add an additional display to your laptop or desktop computer. The PCIe enclosure features a second Thunderbolt 3 port, that you can use to connect a secondary display. With multiple extended displays, you can work more efficiently by multitasking faster, and avoid the hassle of continually repositioning several open programs. Increase Productivity At up to 40Gbps this Thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis gives you the throughput to add displays to your laptop, access files quickly, and work without disruptions. It’s easy to access and edit large uncompressed files such as videos and images on the fly, making it ideal for dynamic on-site production. This external Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support. OS compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; macOS 10.12 - 10.15, Cable Length: 19.7 in [500 mm], Material: Aluminum and Steel.
- Expand your connectivity: Add an external PCIe (PCI Express 3.0) x16 slot and a DisplayPort connection to your Thunderbolt 3 equipped MacBook or laptop with this Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis.
- High speeds: Experience increased productivity with Thunderbolt 3 and up to 40Gbps bandwidth which is twice the speed of Thunderbolt 2 (20Gbps) and eight times faster than USB 3.0 (5Gbps).
- Broad compatibility: For ultimate convenience, this Thunderbolt 3 external PCIe enclosure works with both your Mac and Windows computers so you’re not limited to what systems you can use with the expansion box.
- Displayport connection: This Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion slot supports one 4K DisplayPort monitor, and a second extended monitor display through the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY - Intel Thunderbolt 3 certified, Thunderbolt 3 docking station can unlock the full potential of your computer’s Thunderbolt 3 connector; Expand the workspace of your Windows PC or Mac with dual 4K@60Hz displays, USB devices, wired Gigabit Internet, and audio over an included Thunderbolt 3 cable with the computer docking station for laptops and desktops.
- 11 PORTS - 120W DC power port (bypass 60W to host); Thunderbolt3 port 1 (near DC) for TB3 / USB-C host; Thunderbolt3 port 2; DisplayPort 1.4; Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps); SD and micro SD card UHS:II (can work simultaneously); 3.5mm audio (headphone & microphone); Type-C Gen 2; 2 * USB A 3.2 Gen 2.
- DUAL 4K@60HZ OR SINGLE 8K@30HZ - 👉When working on Thunderbolt 3 host: Support dual 4K@60Hz displays, single 8K@30Hz, single 5K@60Hz via DP1.4 and Thunderbolt 3 port 2. Our dock doesn’t have HDMI port, you can connect HDMI monitor by using a USB C to HDMI or active DP to HDMI cable. 👉When working on USB C host with DP Alt Mode: support single max 4K@60Hz video via DP1.4 port
- 10GBPS DATA SPEED - Type-C and 2 USB A ports supports USB 3.2 Gen2, allowing max 10Gbps data transmission (2X faster than regular USB 3.0) and device charging (5V/1.5A over Type-C and USB A BC 1.2 ports, 5V/900mA over the other USB A port). SD and TF card support UHS-II, max 312MB/s data rate.
- IN THE BOX - Dockteck Thunderbolt 3 Dock; Power Adapter; Power Cable; 1.6ft 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Cable; User Manual. We provide two-years warranty and lifetime technical support. We suggest you to carefully read below “Technical Specification” for User Manual before using.
- Thunderbolt 3 40GB/s Ports/daisy chain support for up to 6 devices
- Dual ultra-quiet, High-efficiency cooling fans
- Easily install nearly any Full-height/full-length PCIe 3.0 card (storage I/O, networking, video, sound)
- Versatile storage & connectivity expansion; NVMe RAID drives, USB/eSATA/Mini-SAS connectivity
- Support dual TD compatible switch (hardware conflict resolution), multistage anti-interference circuit and data line reinforcement. Compatible with graphics card, sound card, array card, video card, collect card, etc.
- 8p power output interface can connect 220W power supply and ATX cable with ATX desktop power. Reinforcement design for data transfer line. High quality electronic components. Isolation protection circuit. Use for engineering measurement, data collection, server debugging, GPU computing and other industrial applications, most of the graphics card to play the game.
- Unsupported models:Not fit for Asus N55SF/N75SL/ASUS/A53XI24/1SV-SL/K43SD/A73S /K53SD/X8dij/A43s/N55SL/K45dr, Not fit for Lenovo E530/L430/E43/U410/E49/K49/G50-75M(New Add),Not fit for HP H533OM/6910/5310M,Not fit for Hasee ui45/EVI4,Not fit for Haier T68,Not fit for Acer 4739z/E1-451G,Not fit for Samsung 450R/270e5k/np450r5j-x05cn,Not fit for Dell 5437/N55SL
- Instructions: Disable the built-in independent graphic card in the BIOS and turn off the network. Update BIOS of the notebook to the latest version. (You can see the update method in the official website of your laptop.) Enter in Computer-Device Management-System. Disable PCI related port until the built-in independent graphics card is gone.
- Instructions 2: Restart the notebook after the hardware installation is complete. The external graphics card power supply is controlled by the laptop, the external graphics card start when the laptop is activated, the external graphics card can close when the laptop is closed. The 6Pin interface of the graphics card must be connected correctly, otherwise the power supply is insufficient.
- Vented Panel: The NR200 is flanked with five ventilated steel panels for unrestricted airflow.
- Unrestricted Cooling Potential: Holds up to 7 fans. 5 sides of open ventilation. Fits CPU coolers up to 155mm tall or up to 280mm long radiators.
- Full-size GPU Compatible: Triple slot GPUs are supported with a maximum length of 330mm and maximum width of 156mm. Vertical mounting is optional.
- 360 Degree Accessibility: Every panel and frame part can be dismantled to allow advanced disassembly and 360 degrees of access to work on components.
- High-quality Materials: Thick, powder coated SGCC steel lasts the life time of the chassis and resists marring from transport or handling.
- Amplify your performance Step up your graphics performance with support for a full length, double wide, desktop graphics card that do not exceed 10.5 inches in length
- Designed for Alienware 13 R2, 15 R2, 15 R3, Alpha R2, M17xR2, M17xR3, X51 R3, R2 notebooks LCD or on any external display connected to the amplifier
- Includes a 460 Watts internal power supply, GPU is not included, peripherals dock to the amplifer with 4 built in USB 3.0 ports
- Plug in with a single proprietary cable, included in box, exclusively made for Alienware R2 laptops, it is a system bus extender, has stealth black color
- Compatibility for available GPUs compared to TBT3 options and offer support for a single full length, dual wide, PCI Express x16 graphics card, support graphic cards of up to 375W and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 as well as AMD Radeon HD 5000 series and newer
- External Graphics for high-performance gaming
- Ultra fast 40Gbps Thunderbolt3 interface
- Pci Express x16 slot supports high Performance Graphics cards
- Thunderbolt3 USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery for charging compatible laptops up to 87W
How Do You Buy The Best external gpu enclosure of 2021?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great external gpu enclosure? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching external gpu enclosure, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest external gpu enclosure available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for external gpu enclosure that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an external gpu enclosure?
- What benefits are there with buying an external gpu enclosure?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective external gpu enclosure?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any external gpu enclosure, much less the best one?
- Which external gpu enclosure are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about external gpu enclosure?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding external gpu enclosure, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for external gpu enclosure, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible external gpu enclosure. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an external gpu enclosure buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available external gpu enclosure currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of external gpu enclosure has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features:What bells and whistles matter for an external gpu enclosure?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your external gpu enclosure.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade external gpu enclosure objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their external gpu enclosure.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an external gpu enclosure, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an external gpu enclosure is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining external gpu enclosure information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding external gpu enclosure is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.